On weekends (and some evenings), you can usually find me sitting in front of the computer indulging in a good ol’ Netflix binge or curled on the couch with a book or my iPhone, scrolling through Instagram. Almost always, in all those instances, I have a hot cup of coffee with me. Why? There’s something about a warm beverage nestled between my hands. It’s cozy and comforting.
One of the best decisions I ever made after I’d finally acquired a taste for coffee was find new flavours and new strengths. It really depends on what I’m craving, but I like to think I can enjoy anything from a light roast to a dark roast. Brands like Keurig give me the ability to choose from a rainbow of options. To spice things up, however, sometimes it’s nice to add a unique twist to the coffee you love. In this case, a bit of chocolate and cinnamon went a long way towards an easy hot chocolate coffee recipe that’s every bit as delicious as it sounds.
If you love hot chocolate and if you love coffee, you will love this surprisingly smooth and creamy drink.
Aside from the coffee and cocoa, this easy hot chocolate coffee is made with unsweetened almond milk, a pinch or two of cinnamon, and about half a teaspoon of sugar or sweetener of your choosing.
- 1 cup Silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 Keurig k-cup pod (I used a medium blend coffee)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar or sweetener of choice
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a small pot, heat the unsweetened almond milk. While milk is heating, make your Keurig coffee (I used the 8oz setting).
- Add the hot coffee to the pot of warm milk. Whisk in the cocoa, sugar, and cinnamon, until everything is dissolved.
- Pour the hot chocolate coffee into the mug of your choosing.
- Optional: Add whipped cream for an extra-sweet indulgence.