Literally, the only thing I care about in the food that I eat (besides it being vegan and gluten-free) is whether or not it tastes good. Thanks to my parents, who raised me to have a wide appreciation for food and an appreciate palette for unique and interesting flavours, I have no problem trying new things on my own, especially when I’m cooking at home.
So imagine my delight when, just the other day, I really wanted pizza and had everything I’d need except for tomato sauce. But then I thought, no, wait, here’ s a chance to be creative. What I did have was hummus so, of course, I was like, “Well, this is happening.” And so it did.
This Vegan and Gluten-Free Hummus and Roasted Veggie Pizza is not only the most flavourful pizza I’ve had in a very long time, but it’s also so incredibly simple to prepare and, if you’re quick with chopping, shouldn’t take longer than 35 minutes.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Hummus and Roasted Veggie Pizza
- - 1 gluten-free + vegan pizza crust of your choice
- - 1/2 cup hummus
- - 1/3 medium red onion
- - 1/3 medium yellow onion
- - 1 carrot
- - 1/2 large sweet potato
- - 1/3-1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- - Handful of chopped spinach or kale
- - Balsamic vinegar
- - Vegetable or olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400'F
- Heat some oil in a skillet over medium heat and sautee the onions until translucent. Remove and add the carrots and sweet potatoes (both sliced into small, thin discs). Cook until soft and browning.
- Place the crust on a baking sheet or pizza pan and spread the hummus. Add the prepared vegetables. Sprinkle on chopped spinach or kale. Add vegan cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil. Using a spoon, drizzle over the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 10 minutes or until crust begins to golden and cheese is melted.
- Optional: I like to sprinkle on a bit more vegan cheese when the pizza first comes out of the oven.
- You can easily substitute any of the veggies I mentioned here for ones you prefer, including zucchini, sweet peppers, hot peppers, etc.
Jordan D'Amico http://jordandamico.com/
Hey, I can’t be the only one who seems to love vegetables more in the summer, right? I mean, winter rolls around and all I want is bread and chocolate. When the weather warms, however, I crave the freshness and coolness of vegetables (and fruit, too).
The absolute best gluten-free and vegan chocolate chip cookies you’ll ever have. Incredibly moist and rich, you won’t be able to stop at eating just one.
There isn’t really much to say before I share this amazing recipe with you. But I think that’s okay, right? When the cookie looks this good (and tastes even better), no one really gives a hoot what sort of anecdote I share, and I am totally fine with that.
Your Sunday plans have just been made! This deliciously moist and gluten-free banana bread recipe, loaded with coconut chocolate chips, is exactly what you’ve been looking for. You’re welcome.
Some of the best memories I have from my childhood are those Saturday mornings when my mom would bake. She always took on the kitchen with the speed of a cheetah and the grace of a swan because no matter what she was making, she was done in no less than 30 minutes (and that included clean up). Despite my best efforts – giving it the ol’ college try – I’ve never quite mastered her particular set of skills for time and efficiency.
If you’re craving an early-morning pick-me-up or an after-workout refuel, a smoothie is the pot of gold that just keeps on giving. There’s almost no limit to what you can put in them and, if you’ve ever taken a dive into Pinterest, you’ll know that there’s a true treasure trove of unique and delicious ingredients – coffee, spinach, chocolate, banana, mango, strawberry, raspberry, whey. The list goes on and on. All that really matters, at the end of the day, is what you’re in the mood for.
I hope this list of 101 healthy and delicious smoothie recipes inspires you to experiment with flavours and puts a smile on your face that lasts an entire day (because that’s how long this list took me to curate)!